Vai al contenuto

Foto

CHEAP, EFFECTIVE RELIEF FROM FIBROMYALGIA (AND ME/CFS) FOUND? EARLY REPORTS SPARK INTEREST IN LITTLE USED SUPPLEMENT

• Per cortesia connettiti per rispondere
5 risposte a questa discussione

#1 Zac

Zac

Grande amico del forum

• Amministratori
  • 2.895 messaggi

Inviato 06 luglio 2013 - 15:01:50

Source: http://www.cortjohns...spark-interest/

CHEAP, EFFECTIVE RELIEF FROM FIBROMYALGIA (AND ME/CFS) FOUND? EARLY REPORTS SPARK INTEREST IN LITTLE USED SUPPLEMENT

By Cort Johnson  on July 5, 2013

Cheap, Effective Relief From Fibromyalgia (and ME/CFS) Found? Early Reports Spark Interest in Little Used Supplement
Is simple and cheap relief from ME/CFS and FM possible? If the experience of one blogger is representative  it may be.  National Fibromyalgia Association founder and ProHealth blogger Karen Lee Richards  had fibromyalgia for almost 25 years before she stumbled on a simple  and cheap remedy that worked for her.
A very small Italian fibromyalgia ‘study’ caught  caught her eye.  Three fibromyalgia patients reported decreases in fatigue and reductions in pain after taking high-dose thiamine (vitamin B-1). Karen contacted the Italian authors of the report, did some research on her own, and followed up on the small  study with her own personal trial.
In a ProHealth blog two days ago this two-decade-plus fibromyalgia patient reported that by the seventh day of her high-dose B-1 trial she  had so much energy that she “almost bounced from one activity to another and kept thinking, “I feel so good!  What can I do next?”  Pain reductions were modest, but her energy level was better than it had been in decades.
That’s HIGH-DOSE Thiamine Therapy
This is high-dose vitamin B-1 therapy. According to Medline the recommended daily thiamine dose for healthy people is 1-2mgs and 300mgs for people with ‘severe’ thiamine deficiency.  The Italian group gave their patients (with normal thiamine blood levels) from 600 to 1,500 mgs of thiamine per day (depending on their body weight).  The doctors observed an ‘all or nothing’ response, with no response being shown until the correct dose was found.
Side effects consisted of tachycardia and insomnia in a few patients which disappeared when the dose was lowered.  The Mayo Clinic reports that thiamine is generally considered safe and relatively nontoxic, even at high doses.  Dermatitis or more serious hypersensitivity reactions occur rarely. Large doses may cause drowsiness or muscle relaxation. Click here for more on side effects from the Mayo Clinic.
B-1 tablets are not always found in health food stores but inexpensive sources can readily be found online.   Prohealth, for instance, sells enough B-1 for a month at the highest dose recommended,  for $12.49 (500 mg/100 tablets).  ( The level of B1 in B-complex mixtures is far too low to suffice. )
Antacids, diuretics, barbiturates, tobacco, alcohol and large amounts of coffee and tea  (> 1 liter/day) can reduce thiamine absorption.

The Italian Connection
“Chronic fatigue that accompanies inflammatory and autoimmune diseases could be the clinical manifestation of a mild thiamine deficiency, probably due to a dysfunction of the intracellular transport or due to enzymatic abnormalities, and responds favourably to high doses of thiamine.” Constantini et. al. 2013
GET OUR FREE ME/CFS AND FIBROMYALGIA INFO
Like the blog? Make sure you don't miss another by registering for our ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia blog and newsletter here.
Two Italian practitioners, Constantini and Pala, had noticed dramatic decreases in fatigue and other symptoms in their ulcerative colitis patients treated with high-dose B-1.  (Thiamine is used to treat ulcerative colitis and other gastrointestinal disorders).
Check out these symptoms from one 51 year old patient with ulcerative colitis for 23 years: fatigue upon wakening, sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, mood fragility, memory loss, attention problems,  stress intolerance,  episodes of tachycardia, migraine, nausea, muscle weakness and cramps, burning foot pain, intolerance to cold, and dry skin. Her tachycardia, nerve pain and central nervous system symptoms suggested that thiamine deficiency might be present. She received 50 mgs of intramuscular thiamine for three days and 600 mgs of oral thiamine thereafter.  After a couple of days her fatigue and other symptoms waned; after 20 days she was well.
After this happened with two more patients they felt they were onto something. A subsequent study of 12 ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease patients found high reductions in the low to moderate fatigue levels they were experiencing.  (Only a few patients had fatigue similar to that typically experienced in ME/CFS.) Those results suggested to them that ‘mild’ thiamine deficiencies could be contributing to the pain and fatigue of a number of inflammatory and autoimmune disorders, and they moved on to fibromyalgia.
The three patient FM cohort found dramatic reductions in fatigue and pain occurred quickly (within a couple of days) after the correct dosage was found.
The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia Connection
Early ME/CFS/FM studies suggest B-1 supplementation might be helpful. Reduced levels of three B-cell dependent enzymes including thiamine dependent transketolase in ME/CFS patients vs healthy controls prompted the authors of one study (including Simon Wessely) to report that “the data are consistent with functional efficiencies of pyridoxine, riboflavin and thiamine.”
Since dietary studies suggested poor diet could not be the cause, the authors suggested excessive vitamin loss, catabolism or high B requirements were probably responsible.  They concluded that “More detailed studies of functional vitamin status in relation to clinical features of CFS (particularly central nervous system signs such as depression and memory impairment) are clearly indicated.”
The French Connection
Across the channel, studies done in the early 1990s by J. B. Eisinger, a French researcher, concluded that thiamine metabolism was impaired in fibromyalgia. Citing the irritability, frequent headaches, unusual fatigue, muscle tenderness upon pressure palpitation, muscular weakness, irritable bowel syndrome, and sleep disturbances, Eisinger published at least six studies on thiamine and fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain (most of which are not available electronically) in the early to mid 1990’s.
He concluded that the thiamine-dependent enzyme abnormalities he found in fibromyalgia were similar to those found in Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, a thiamine deficiency disorder associated with alcoholism.  Thiamine deficiency is also found in Alzheimer’s and diabetes, and it can affect memory function.
Eisinger proposed that ‘complex thiamine abnormalities’ in FM could account for the “reduced nitric oxide (and impaired muscle relaxation and microcirculation) or glutathione (and muscle soreness), impaired glycolysis (and muscle fatigue), or even serotonin depletion (and decreased pain threshold) observed in FM.
Recently a review article suggested that undiagnosed thiamine deficiency is commonly misdiagnosed and primarily affects the central nervous system.
The Autonomic Nervous System Connection
The panoply of autonomic nervous system symptoms associated with thiamine deficiency (tachycardia, unstable pulse pressure, attention deficit, mitral valve prolapse, etc. ) is intriguing given the prominent role the ANS plays in chronic fatigue syndrome.
Thiamine and Pain
Thiamine and benfotiamine (BT) are inexpensive and readily available over-the-counter, yet these compounds are not routinely used to treat chronic pain.  Hurt et. al.

GET OUR FREE ME/CFS AND FIBROMYALGIA INFO
Like the blog? Make sure you don't miss another by registering for our ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia blog and newsletter here.
Some evidence also suggests thiamine may be an effective analgesic. High-dose thiamine and benfotiamine (S-benzoylthiamine O-monophosphate, BT) administration reduces pain in animal models of inflammatory and neuropathic pain. In the laboratory, thiamine also reduces nerve-injury-induced hyperexcitability.  How either of these compounds inhibit pain, however, is unknown.
Interestingly, thiamine is also involved in the synthesis of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). A recent Gulf War Syndrome study suggested glutamate/glutamine imbalances could contribute to the cognitive dysfunction found in some GWS patients.  Marco reports that “the brain lesions in Wernicke’s encephalopathy are exactly the same as those associated with glutamate excitotoxicity.
In Wernicke’s encephalopathy, thiamine deficiency and glutamate promote excitotoxicity with thiamine deficiency resulting in a downregulation of the GLAST glutamate transporter thus impairing glutamate clearance from astrocytes The results are “lactic acidosis, brain edema, oxidative stress, inflammation, and white matter damage””
• Check out Marco’s blog on glutamate/glutamine imbalance in ME/CFS and other neuroinflammatory disorders here.   Check out his Neuroinflammatory series here.
Thiamine deficiency can also cause peripheral neuropathy (tingling, numbness, etc., or sensory loss) which is common in both ME/CFS and FM.
The Magnesium Connection
Since magnesium binds thiamine to thiamine THIAMINE TO THIAMINE?? using enzymes, low magnesium levels could impair thiamine activation. Eisinger concluded that the reduced magnesium levels he found in FM suggested thiamine deficiency was present.  Magnesium levels were moderately low in one ME/CFS study.
A Masked Deficiency
A Masked Deficiency Malabsorption is a possibility, but normal blood B-1 levels suggest the B-1 is getting from the gut to the blood.  Constantini and Pala believe B-1 transport from the blood to the mitochondria is being interrupted by transporter or enzyme problems.

Read more: Cheap, Effective Relief From Fibromyalgia (and ME/CFS) Found? Early Reports Spark Interest in Little Used Supplement http://www.cortjohns...spark-interest/
Conclusions
The reports are preliminary and mostly anecdotal, but the Italian report and Karen Lee Richards’s experience suggest high-dose Thiamine (B-1) supplementation could reduce the fatigue and pain in some ME/CFS/FM patients. With few side effects reported, this low-cost approach to ME/CFS/FM appears to be well worth trying.
In a couple of days we’ll start a survey to get an idea of how effective this supplement is.
• Check out Karen Lee Richards blog here.

Related posts:
1. New More Effective Approach to Herpesvirus Infections Could Spell Relief for ME/CFS Patients
2. Report From Paris: Little Used Antiviral Found Effective in Severely Ill Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patients
3. Successful Low Dose Naltrexone Fibromyalgia Trial Points to Safe, Low Cost Therapy; Implications for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
4. A Workout Without Working (Much): Fibromyalgia Study Suggests Muscles Are ‘Wired and Tired’ As Well: Implications for ME/CFS

Allega File(s)

Zac
Amministrazione

--------------------
"In medicina tutto quello che è sconosciuto è malattia mentale" (...)
"Una delle malattie più diffuse è la diagnosi." (Karl Kraus)
NO_CFS.gif

Le foto di Zac qui: PhotoZac

#2 Zac

Zac

Grande amico del forum

• Amministratori
  • 2.895 messaggi

Inviato 06 luglio 2013 - 15:03:35

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23696141

BMJ Case Rep. 2013 May 20;2013. pii: bcr2013009019. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2013-009019.
High-dose thiamine improves the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Costantini A, Pala MI, Tundo S, Matteucci P.
Source
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation of the Clinic, Villa Immacolata, Viterbo, Italy.
Abstract
Living with fibromyalgia means living with chronic pain, fatigue, sleep disorders and other associated key symptoms. To date, pharmacotherapy generally produces modest benefits. Some observations indicate that the large majority of symptoms of fibromyalgia could be the clinical manifestation of a mild thiamine deficiency due to a dysfunction of the active transport of thiamine from the blood to the mitochondria or to enzymatic abnormalities. Between June and July 2011, we recruited three female patients affected by fibromyalgia. We proceeded with the study of the patients' history, a physical examination, an evaluation of chronic widespread pain using the Visual Numeric Scale and an evaluation of the fatigue using the Fatigue Severity Scale were also performed. The levels of thiamine and thiamine pyrophosphate in the blood were determined. After the therapy with high doses of thiamine, in the patients, there was an appreciable improvement of the symptoms.
PMID: 23696141 [PubMed - in process]

Zac
Amministrazione

--------------------
NO_CFS.gif

#3 Zac

Zac

Grande amico del forum

• Amministratori
  • 2.895 messaggi

Inviato 06 luglio 2013 - 15:10:40

Traduzione con Google in Italiano: http://www.cfsitalia...oco-utilizzato/

Zac
Amministrazione

--------------------
NO_CFS.gif

#4 romy

romy

Grande amico del forum

• Utenti
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 3.870 messaggi
  • Interests:Prima, tutti o quasi,adesso,informatica,salute,politica economica,sopravvivenza e FEDE.(Elimino,ancora,tra i miei interessi,quello per l'informatica e la politica economica.)

Inviato 06 luglio 2013 - 16:21:36

Zac ci aggiungo anche questi due link,stesso sito,che spiegano il perchè dei problemi cognitivi,uno più recente

http://www.cortjohns...ing-gws-me-cfs/

Un'altro meno recente ma penso interessante lo stesso,che parla anche della disfunzione del nervo Vago.

http://www.cortjohns...tigue-syndrome/

Per me sono tutti articoli di una importanza infinita,ed andrebbero tutti tradotti in Italiano vero e conservati sul forum,ma anticipo che in tutta la faccenda non puo' non essere colpevole anche e sempre il fatidico Glutammato che quanto è troppo infiamma letteralmente il cervello,causando neuro-tossicità e ...........mi sembra anche che abbiano trovato la prova dei danni cognitivi e di memoria,in relazione al Lattato,presente nel cervello nei pazienti allo stato di riposo,come conseguenza di una patologia Metabolica o Mitocondriale,mentre tale Lattato,mi sembra di aver capito,non è ben sfruttato,dagli stessi pazienti,durante il lavoro fisico o mentale,tutto cio' a differenza delle persone sane.In sunto i problemi cognitivi,di memoria di lavoro e di quella a breve,nei pazienti,sono in relazione al Lattato nel cervello,che si viene a trovare alto,quando dovrebbe essere basso,ossia a riposo,segno di disfunzione mitocondriale,mentre è basso,quando dovrebbe essere alto,per essere sfruttato come benzina,ossia durante il lavoro fisico o mentale.Questo ho capito con grande sforzo,ma bisognerebbe tradurre in vero Italiano. Romy

P.S.

Aggiungo una traduzione a pane e peperone in relazione alla B1 e fibromialgia.

Tiamina ad alto dosaggio migliora i sintomi della fibromialgia.

Costantini A , Pala MI , Tundo S , P Matteucci .

Fonte

Dipartimento di Riabilitazione Neurologica della clinica, Villa Immacolata, Viterbo, Italia.

Estratto

Vivere con fibromialgia significa vivere con il dolore cronico, stanchezza, disturbi del sonno e altri sintomi chiave associati. Ad oggi, la farmacoterapia produce generalmente benefici modesti. Alcune osservazioni indicano che la grande maggioranza dei sintomi della fibromialgia potrebbe essere la manifestazione clinica di una leggera carenza di tiamina a causa di una disfunzione del trasporto attivo di tiamina dal sangue ai mitocondri o ad anomalie enzimatiche. Tra giugno e luglio 2011, abbiamo reclutato tre pazienti donne affette da fibromialgia. Si è proceduto con lo studio della storia del paziente, l'esame obiettivo, una valutazione del dolore cronico diffuso utilizzando la scala visiva numerica e una valutazione della fatica utilizzando il Fatigue Severity Scale sono stati eseguiti anche. I livelli di tiamina e tiamina pirofosfato nel sangue sono stati determinati. Dopo la terapia con alte dosi di tiamina, nei pazienti, vi è stato un miglioramento apprezzabile dei sintomi.

PMID:  23696141  [PubMed - in lavorazione]

Messaggio modificato da romy, 06 luglio 2013 - 16:36:50

grafico2.jpg

Iosto'conChiara

Quando le voci in te parlano di fine;

quando la mente dice che hai perduto;

quando credi che sia impossibile;

eppure prosegui,ti sollevi sulla tua Spada;

e fai ancora un altro passo;

Lì è dove termina l'Uomo;

Lì è dove comincia Dio.

Mentre si aspettano future ricerche è importante per prima cosa non
nuocere.

Non è vero che i giorni di pioggia sono i più brutti, sono gli unici in cui puoi camminare a testa alta anche se stai piangendo.

"Nessun Medico può dire che una malattia é Incurabile.
Affermarlo é come offendere Dio, la Natura e disprezzare il Creato.
Non esiste malattia, per quanto terribile possa essere,
per la quale Dio non abbia una cura corrispondente
".
                                                                                              Paracelso

“Questa realtà è solo un sogno di cui siamo convinti!”

YungRalphPooter.jpg

Mio collegamento

Per quanto riguarda l'ipotesi che la CFS possa essere una forma di Depressione Mentale,tutti gli studi hanno contraddetto tale approccio.Per citare un solo ma importante rilievo clinico:i livelli di Cortisolo sono molto bassi nella CFS,al contrario di quelli alterati verso l'alto della Sindrome Depressiva.

Allora, se capiamo che siamo responsabili di ciò che viviamo, già questo cambia del tutto la visione delle cose.

Livello anormalmente alto o basso di cAMP causa difetti di apprendimento e di capacità di memoria,in generale.

Sul cAMP ci sarebbero molte cose da dire al fine di una buona memoria e cognitività,forse lo faro' un giorno sul mio topic,tempo permettendo,ora voglio solo ripetere una verità a cui sono arrivato da qualche anno,aumentare il cAmp nei giovani comporta un miglior apprendimento e memoria,accade l'inverso nelle persone adulte o anziane.Quindi il cervello dei giovani si comporta all'opposto dei cervelli dei vecchi ed anziani questo avviene anche negli animali da laboratorio,questo spiega anche tutta la diatriba sulla Cannabis terapeutica..........negativa nei giovani un toccasana negli anziani,perchè comporta una diminuzione,appunto,del cAmp e quindi potenzia la comunicazione tra neuroni e quindi la memoria,apprendimento e cognitività,mal ridotti nella CFS/ME,fibromialgia,MCS,MBS,ed altre......

https://www.youtube....h?v=ICjFAa2ZbIY

1zft02g.gif

#5 Zac

Zac

Grande amico del forum

• Amministratori
  • 2.895 messaggi

Inviato 06 luglio 2013 - 17:58:34

grazie Romy .

Zac
Amministrazione

--------------------
NO_CFS.gif

#6 romy

romy

Grande amico del forum

• Utenti
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 3.870 messaggi
  • Interests:Prima, tutti o quasi,adesso,informatica,salute,politica economica,sopravvivenza e FEDE.(Elimino,ancora,tra i miei interessi,quello per l'informatica e la politica economica.)

Inviato 07 luglio 2013 - 00:08:32

Zac,stasera sono uscito,chissà mi sono disteso un po' e mi sono ricordato che da molti anni avevo già letto notizie lusinghiere sulla Vit B1,per vari sintomi,da cui siamo assillati,in breve siamo di fronte all'ortomolecolare,disciplina che mi era passata di mente,ma di cui conservo tutto di tutto e ti posso assicurare che non solo la B1 ma moltissime vitamine ed altre sostanze avrebbero la potenza,se usate nel modo giusto,di debellare ogni patologia.Ma qualcuno ha remato e continua a remare contro gli studi del 2 volte premiato con nobel il Dott.Linus Pauling,i cui studi sono stati ripresi e portati avanti dal Dott. Matthias Rath.Medico coraggioso e di spessore morale enorme,non solo per quanto riguarda la medicina,ma anche per il suo appello al popolo Germanico ed alla Merkel del marzo 2013,in relazione all'economia europea,ecc.ecc.Sapere che ci sono ancora uomini del genere su questo Pianeta,mantiene viva la speranza per un cambiamento.

Ritornando al discorso della B1,penso che l'integrazione debba iniziare da almeno 1 grammo al giorno.Cia Romy

nnky.jpg

2ijp.jpg

In un altra scheda,ma per patologia minore,sempre a livello di memoria,mente e nervi,chesso' anche in previsione di esami da sostenere ecc.eccl'integrazione di b1 va da 0,3 ad 1 grammo,pero' ci sono anche altre vit e sostanza da prendere,ti metto la scheda.

p4ni.jpg

Messaggio modificato da Zac, 07 luglio 2013 - 17:28:48
EDIT Immagini

grafico2.jpg

Iosto'conChiara

Quando le voci in te parlano di fine;

quando la mente dice che hai perduto;

quando credi che sia impossibile;

eppure prosegui,ti sollevi sulla tua Spada;

e fai ancora un altro passo;

Lì è dove termina l'Uomo;

Lì è dove comincia Dio.

Mentre si aspettano future ricerche è importante per prima cosa non
nuocere.

Non è vero che i giorni di pioggia sono i più brutti, sono gli unici in cui puoi camminare a testa alta anche se stai piangendo.

"Nessun Medico può dire che una malattia é Incurabile.
Affermarlo é come offendere Dio, la Natura e disprezzare il Creato.
Non esiste malattia, per quanto terribile possa essere,
per la quale Dio non abbia una cura corrispondente
".
                                                                                              Paracelso

“Questa realtà è solo un sogno di cui siamo convinti!”

YungRalphPooter.jpg

Mio collegamento

Per quanto riguarda l'ipotesi che la CFS possa essere una forma di Depressione Mentale,tutti gli studi hanno contraddetto tale approccio.Per citare un solo ma importante rilievo clinico:i livelli di Cortisolo sono molto bassi nella CFS,al contrario di quelli alterati verso l'alto della Sindrome Depressiva.

Allora, se capiamo che siamo responsabili di ciò che viviamo, già questo cambia del tutto la visione delle cose.

Livello anormalmente alto o basso di cAMP causa difetti di apprendimento e di capacità di memoria,in generale.

Sul cAMP ci sarebbero molte cose da dire al fine di una buona memoria e cognitività,forse lo faro' un giorno sul mio topic,tempo permettendo,ora voglio solo ripetere una verità a cui sono arrivato da qualche anno,aumentare il cAmp nei giovani comporta un miglior apprendimento e memoria,accade l'inverso nelle persone adulte o anziane.Quindi il cervello dei giovani si comporta all'opposto dei cervelli dei vecchi ed anziani questo avviene anche negli animali da laboratorio,questo spiega anche tutta la diatriba sulla Cannabis terapeutica..........negativa nei giovani un toccasana negli anziani,perchè comporta una diminuzione,appunto,del cAmp e quindi potenzia la comunicazione tra neuroni e quindi la memoria,apprendimento e cognitività,mal ridotti nella CFS/ME,fibromialgia,MCS,MBS,ed altre......

https://www.youtube....h?v=ICjFAa2ZbIY

1zft02g.gif

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Tutti i testi degli articoli e la veste grafica sono proprietà esclusiva di CFSItalia.it e ne è vietata la riproduzione, totale o parziale,

senza esplicita autorizzazione da parte degli amministratori.

Le informazioni fornite in questo Forum non intendono sostituirsi né implicitamente né esplicitamente al parere professionale di un medico né a diagnosi, trattamento o prevenzione di qualsivoglia malattia e/o disturbo. CFSItalia.it non ha alcun controllo sul contenuto di siti terzi ai quali sia collegato tramite link e non potrà essere ritenuto responsabile per qualsivoglia danno causato da quei contenuti. Gli amministratori e moderatori non sono responsabili dei messaggi scritti dagli utenti sul forum.