Nessuna risposta a questa discussione

#1 akela

akela

Grande amico del forum

• Utenti
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 453 messaggi

Inviato 12 febbraio 2010 - 10:10:23

WPI Announces Health Expert Dr. Donnica Moore is New Spokesperson, Advocating for XMRV & Neuro-Immune Disease Research

February 9, 2010

The Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease (WPI - WPInstitute.org) announces that Dr. Donnica Moore, a distinguished women's health expert, is its new celebrity spokesperson and advocate. Dr. Moore will join WPI in its efforts to help raise awareness and funding for its research of XMRV and associated neuro-immune diseases, including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

"We are pleased to have a highly regarded women's health expert join us in our efforts to bring more attention to neuroimmune diseases," said Annette Whittemore, founder of the Whittemore Peterson Institute. "Dr. Donnica Moore is an incredible advocate for these patients. Her experience and support will be huge assets to the WPI and patients around the world, as we seek to raise awareness and additional funding in this field of medicine."

A graduate from Princeton University and the State University of New York School of Medicine at Buffalo, Dr. Moore (DrDonnica.com) is a women's health expert who has received numerous awards for her health communications and advocacy. Widely known as Dr. Donnica, she has appeared on over 650 national television shows, including "Good Morning America," "The View," "The Oprah Winfrey Show," and "Weekend Today Show."

Recently, Dr. Donnica has been credited for her involvement with CFS/ME research and related advocacy efforts. Dr. Donnica is the mother of two teenage children, one of whom has suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) for more than five years.

"I am grateful to have such an opportunity to further advocate on behalf of the WPI's search for more effective treatments," she said. "I am fully committed to supporting WPI in its efforts to help millions of patients worldwide, like my son Brian, who suffers from the debilitating effects of CFS/ME and those with related neuro-immune diseases."

WPI is set to open its new medical facility at the University of Nevada School of Medicine campus in September 2010 and plans to welcome its first patients soon after. To learn more about the institute and ongoing research, please visit WPInstitute.org.

Located within the University of Nevada School of Medicine's Center for Molecular Medicine, the WPI will be the nation's first comprehensive translational research facility dedicated to the research and treatment of neuro-immune diseases.

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Tutti i testi degli articoli e la veste grafica sono proprietà esclusiva di CFSItalia.it e ne è vietata la riproduzione, totale o parziale,

senza esplicita autorizzazione da parte degli amministratori.

Le informazioni fornite in questo Forum non intendono sostituirsi né implicitamente né esplicitamente al parere professionale di un medico né a diagnosi, trattamento o prevenzione di qualsivoglia malattia e/o disturbo. CFSItalia.it non ha alcun controllo sul contenuto di siti terzi ai quali sia collegato tramite link e non potrà essere ritenuto responsabile per qualsivoglia danno causato da quei contenuti. Gli amministratori e moderatori non sono responsabili dei messaggi scritti dagli utenti sul forum.