8 replies to this topic

#1 Barbara.mj

Barbara.mj

Frequentatore

• Utenti
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 20:24:24

I thought some may find this interesting and helpful. Since I've noticed that the translation online doesn't do a very accurate job, I'm hopeful that someone will be able to translate this for members on the board.

Barbara

Main Category: Nutrition / Diet News

Article Date: 16 May 2007 - 3:00 PDT
|

The British Dietetic Association (BDA) is pleased to announce the online publication of a new Food Fact sheet on ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which coincided with the 2007 ME Awareness Day on 12 May.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), which is also known as ME (Myalgic Encephalopathy), is a neurological illness that can lead to overwhelming fatigue and weakness and is particularly distressing for sufferers and carers.

There is little scientific evidence to support any particular dietary regimen for people with ME/CFS to follow, but the BDA's new fact sheet provides the low-down on the dietary issues surrounding ME/CFS and aims to prevent unnecessary nutritional restrictions, as well as promoting a healthy appropriate diet.

Sue Luscombe, dietitian and author of the Food Fact sheet, said: "There are many diets (such as the anticandida diet) that claim to improve CFS/ME symptoms. Although some people find them helpful, there is very little scientific evidence to support these claims. These diets can be very restrictive and can create a lot more work and effort for the sufferer and their carers. Care needs to be taken that the diet remains healthy, nutritionally adequate, and there is no unwanted weight loss or gain. Also, any benefits ought to outweigh extra demands on the sufferer and carers."

To access the fact sheet, simply go to Latest Food Facts on the BDA website http://www.bda.uk.co...S-MEandDiet.pdf

The British Dietetic Association has a website dedicated to promoting scientifically sound nutrition advice that everyone can trust, and provides a dedicated hot line just for journalists to speak to qualified dietitians and get to the real facts, avoiding misleading and potentially dangerous advice being given to the public. For the clear experts in nutrition call the hotline on 0870 850 2517 or go to www.bda.uk.com. Remember, you can trust a dietitian to know about nutrition.

-- The British Dietetic Association, founded in 1936, is the professional association for registered dietitians in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is the nation's largest organisation of food and nutrition professionals with nearly 6,000 members. About two-thirds of members are employed in the National Health Service. The remaining members work in education, industry, research, sport settings or freelance.

-- Registered dietitians hold the only legally-recognisable graduate qualification in nutrition and dietetics. They are experts in interpreting and translating the science of nutrition into practical ways of promoting nutritional well-being, disease treatment and the prevention of nutrition-related problems. Their advice is sound and based on current scientific evidence.

-- Registration, awarded by the Health Professionals Council, is an indication that a dietitian is fit to practise and is working within an agreed statement of conduct.

For further details about The British Dietetic Association, please visit our websites:

-- www.bda.uk.com
-- www.bdaweightwise.com
-- www.teenweightwise.com

http://www.medicalne...hp?newsid=71045

#2 VITTORIA

VITTORIA

Grande amico del forum

• Amministratori
  • 2390 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:31:41

Thanks for news, Barbara.

We speak often here about feeding and diets. The topic is very delicate and it interests many persons in our forum.
I believe that it must make much attention because as you have written: "....These diets can be very restrictive and can create a lot more work and effort for the sufferer and their carers. Care needs to be taken that the diet remains healthy, nutritionally adequate, and there is no unwanted weight loss or gain..."

Traduzione:
Grazie per le notizie Barbara.

Noi spesso parliamo di alimentazionee e diete. L'argomento è molto delicato e interessa molte persone nel nostro forum.
Io credo che bisogna fare molta attenzione perchè come hai scritto "....diete possono essere molto restrittive e possono creare un ancor più grosso lavoro e sforzo per i malati e le loro cure. La cura, per essere mantenuta, ha bisogno che l'alimentazione rimanga sana, adeguata nutrizionalmente, e che non ci siano involontari aumenti o cali di peso..."
VITTORIA
Amministrazione CFSitalia

-------------------------------------------------------
"Il Forum ha carattere divulgativo e le informazioni contenute non devono sostituirsi alle visite e alle diagnosi mediche. Ricordate che l'autodiagnosi e l'autoterapia possono essere pericolose"
==============================

"Il senso della vita
è dare senso alla vita”

(R.Steiner)

#3 VITTORIA

VITTORIA

Grande amico del forum

• Amministratori
  • 2390 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:46:20

Questo argomento è trattato in italiano nel topic:

http://www.cfsitalia...wtopic=1723&hl=
VITTORIA
Amministrazione CFSitalia

-------------------------------------------------------
"Il Forum ha carattere divulgativo e le informazioni contenute non devono sostituirsi alle visite e alle diagnosi mediche. Ricordate che l'autodiagnosi e l'autoterapia possono essere pericolose"
==============================

"Il senso della vita
è dare senso alla vita”

(R.Steiner)

#4 danis

danis

Grande amico del forum

• Utenti
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:44:06

Traduzione dell'informazione fornita da Barbara:

La British Dietetic Association (BDA) è lieta di annunciare la pubblicazione online, in concomitanza con la Giornata della Consapevolezza ME del 12 Maggio 2007,
dellla nuova scheda sul Cibo in relazione alla ME/CFS.

La Sindrome da affaticamento cronico (CFS), che è anche chiamata ME ( Encefalopatia mialgica) è una malattia neurologica che può portare a stanchezza e debolezza estreme ed è particolarmente angosciante per i malati e i carers (un carer è un parente o un amico o un volontario che si occupa di qualcuno che sta male)

Ci sono poche prove scientifiche a supporto di qualche particolare regime alimentare da seguire per le persone con ME/CFS, ma la nuova scheda della BDA fornisce i dettagli sui problemi alimentari che riguardano ME/CFS e mira a prevenire restrizioni nutrizionali non necessarie, così come a promuovere una dieta appropriatamente sana.

Sue Luscombe, dietista e autrice della scheda, ha detto: "Ci sono molte diete (come quella anticandida) che dichiarano di migliorare i sintomi della ME/CFS. Nonostante alcune persone le trovino utili, ci sono poche prove scientifiche a supporto di queste tesi. Queste diete possono essere molto restrittive e possono creare un maggiore lavoro e sforzo per i malati e i loro carers. La cura, per essere mantenuta, necessita che la dieta rimanga sana e nutrizionalmente adeguata e non ci devono essere involontari aumenti e cali di peso. Inoltre i benefici devono essere più significativi dello sforzo extra richiesto ai malati e ai carers.

Per accedere alla scheda, andate semplicemente all'ultima scheda sul cibo sul sito web della BDA:
http://www.bda.uk.co...S-MEandDiet.pdf

L'associazione Dietetica Britannica ha un sito web dedicato a promuovere in modo scientifico il consiglio nutrizionale di cui ognuno possa fidarsi, e fornisce una hot line dedicata ai giornalisti per parlare con dietisti qualificati e dare i dati reali, evitando di dare equivoci e potenzialmente pericolosi consigli al pubblico. Per gli esperti in nutrizione chiamate la hotline 0870 850 2517 o andate su www.bda.uk.com
ricordate, potete fidarvi di un dietista per sapere qualcosa sulla nutrizione.

L'associazione dietetica britannica, fondata nel 1936, è l'associazione professionale per i dietisti registrato in Gran Bretagna e in Irlanda del Nord. E' la più ampia organizzazione nazionale dei professionisti del cibo e della nutrizione con quasi 6.000 membri. Circa due terzi dei membri sono impiegati nel Servizio Sanitario Nazionale. Gli altri membri lavorano nella scuola, nell'industria, nella ricerca nello sport o come liberi professionisti.

I dietisti registrati hanno l'unico diploma legalmente riconosciuto in nutrizione e dietetica. Ci sono esperti nell'interpretare e tradurre la scienza dell'alimentazione in modi pratici per promuovere un benessere nutrizionale, trattamenti terapeutici e la prevenzione di problemi correlati alla nutrizione.

La registrazione, conferita dal Health professional Council, fornisce l'indicazione che un dietista è adatto a praticare e sta lavorando sotto un codice di condotta.

Per maggiori dettagli sulla British Dietetic Association, visitate i nostri siti:

-- www.bda.uk.com
-- www.bdaweightwise.com
-- www.teenweightwise.com

Qui ho postato invece la traduzione dei dettagli dei consigli alimentari forniti nella scheda della BDA.:
http://www.cfsitalia...3&st=0&p=10274

To Barbara

Dear Barbara ,
thank you very much from me too. I posted above the translation about the information you send us.
Some considerations (hope it's the correct word :D ):
I think the fact sheet finally suggests what is known as "mediterranean diet" or "italian diet", with a great apport of fruits and vegetables and a mininum apport of high fat and sugar foods. I think that this diet is very helpful for everyone, sick or healthy ones, but if it could prevent at all our disease or help for recovery maybe we all italian were healthy :D
Anyway it's very important being informed about what's going on concerning CFS.
Do you follow any particular diet regimen?
Do you know anything about kousmine method?
It's quite different about the diet above and some of us follow it and find it very helpful.

Here you can find more information: (I am sorry I couldn't find any site in english if you will find any difficulty, please ask me for help)
http://www.metodokou...it/kousmine.htm

bye
Danis

Traduzione italiana

Cara Barbara, grazie mille anche da me. Ho pubblicato sopra la traduzione delle informazioni che ci hai mandato.

Alcune considerazioni:
Credo che la scheda infine suggerisca quella che è conosciuta come "dieta mediterranea" o "dieta italiana" con un grande apporto di frutta e verdura e un apporto minimo di cibi grassi e zuccherati. Credo che questa dieta sia utile
per chiunque, malato o sano, ma se potesse prevenire completamente le nostre patologie o aiutare nella cura forse noi italiani saremmo tutti sani :D

In ogni modo è molto importante essere informati su tutto ciò che si muove riguardo alla CFS.

Segui un particolare regime alimentare?

Sai qualcosa del metodo Kousmine?
E' abbastanza diverso dalla dieta di cui sopra e alcuni di noi la seguono e la trovano di grande giovamento.
"La mente è come un paracadute, funziona solo se si apre" A. Einstein

Immagine inserita

"tu cerchi la risposta, ma non devi cercare fuori la risposta, la risposta è dentro di te, e però è sbagliata!" Quelo

#5 Barbara.mj

Barbara.mj

Frequentatore

• Utenti
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 16:21:38

Thank you so much for the translation. It is much appreciated.

I have tried to translate pages of the site you recommended as best as possible. It is difficult because there are so many pages. I believe I was able to read that it recommends low acid. I also read a page that talked about a receipe. I am not familiar with this diet at all.

My own personal diet is one of vegetarian. I do not eat meat, fish, chicken or turkey. I do eat eggs and cheese. I take multi-vitamin and omega 3 daily. I eat yogurt and products made of soy. I would say my diet is probably not a good one, but I do not do the cooking, :D my husband does. I try to make it as easy as possible for him. :D

Ringraziarla cosí molto per la traduzione. È molto apprezzato.

Ho tentato di tradurre le pagine del luogo che lei ha raccomandata come meglio come possibile. È difficile perché ci sono cosí molte pagine. Credo che ero in grado di leggere che raccomanda l'acido basso. Ho letto anche una pagina che ha parlato di un receipe. Conosco non bene questa dieta a tutto.

La mia propria dieta personale è il vegetariano di uno di. Non mangio la carne, il pesce, il pollo o il tacchino. Mangio delle uova ed il formaggio. Porto la multi-vitamina e l'omega 3 quotidianamente. Mangio il yogurt ed i prodotti hanno fatto di soia. Non direi che la mia dieta è probabilmente un buono un, ma non faccio il cucinare, mio marito fa. Tento di farlo facile come possibile per lui.

Barbara

#6 danis

danis

Grande amico del forum

• Utenti
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 17:03:31

Hi Barbara, Neve asked me to translate for you this information about Kousmine diet ( I will try my best) :

About the Food fact sheet of BDA:

This diet seems to resemble that of Dr. Kousmine but less detailed, completed and elaborated.

Dr. Kousmine’s diet (she was a biologist and a researcher) was born from several studies made on animals and verified on cancer and new disease’s patient. It was focused on treating the gut, that she considered being a source of toxine, to protect us from injuries due to pollution, wrong style of life, an inadeguate and no-nourishing diet.

Kousmine diet’s aim is decreasing acid Ph in the blood caused by oxidative stress and by free radicals ( see here for ph, metabolism and oxidative stress:

http://www.cfsitalia...?showtopic=1462

It’s necessary prefer non acid foods and a balanced diet.
Dr. Kousmine said we need to eat cereals (biological and of several type ones) and pasta but wholemeal in order to keep intact all its nourishing value.
Lift preserved foods (hope the word were correct), they are toxic because of the additives and obviously all polluted foods.
Dr. Kousmine hold in great regard food containing omega 3 and 6
Flax seeds are breakfast base (omega 3)
Prefer fish [not big and without mercury (!!)] and chicken, turkey, rabbit to meat.
A spoon a day of sunflower seeds oil biological and cold-grinded.
Yogurt for its lactic ferments
Nutrition must be balanced, with a great intake of fruits and vegetables and pulses.
Dessert, milk and milk product increase acid level.
Not so many eggs, ( I eat 3 eggs/a week)
Drink at least a litre and a half par day of water and chew very much.
Avoid smoking
And much more in the site (I had already signaled) : www.Kousmine.eu

I am sure at 80% I had followed such a diet 20 years ago I didn’t become sick and I could facing better with all life’s troubles, includine infections. Anyway I have had a lot of improvements following this diet.

This diet resemble very much that described in the London Conference 2003’s Relation by Hooper

[http://www.cfsitalia...?showtopic=1501

bye Neve

Immagine inserita

"tu cerchi la risposta, ma non devi cercare fuori la risposta, la risposta è dentro di te, e però è sbagliata!" Quelo

#7 Barbara.mj

Barbara.mj

Frequentatore

• Utenti
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 17:42:29

Thank you so much for the translation danis. What I read makes complete sense and sounds like a diet that should be easy to follow.

I will place this on my message board so that others can benefit from it as well.

Your help is much appreciated.

Traduzione automatica:

Grazie tante danis per la traduzione. Quello che leggo completa sensi e suoni come una dieta che dovrebbe essere facile da seguire.
Inserirò questo messaggio sul mio forum in modo che anche altri possano trarne beneficio.
Il tuo aiuto molto è apprezzato.

#8 Cocci

Cocci

Grande amico del forum

• Utenti
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 20:59:19

for BARBARA ;)
links in English (previous message abaut diet)

acidosis in Fibromialgia CFS ecc...
http://www.majidali....xplanations.htm

MCS CFS FIBROMIALGIA - M.Hooper - (diet of treatment in bottom to the relation )
http://www.mcs-ameri...rg/engaging.pdf
"una carta del mondo che non contiene il Paese dell'Utopia non è degna nemmeno di uno sguardo ,perchè non contempla il solo Paese al quale l'umanità approda di continuo.E quando vi getta l'ancora ,la vedetta scorge un Paese migliore e l'Umanità di nuovo fa vela"
Oscar Wilde

#9 danis

danis

Grande amico del forum

• Utenti
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 22:19:17

magica neve!!! :)

Immagine inserita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tutti i testi degli articoli e la veste grafica sono proprietà esclusiva di CFSItalia.it e ne è vietata la riproduzione, totale o parziale,

senza esplicita autorizzazione da parte degli amministratori.

Le informazioni fornite in questo Forum non intendono sostituirsi né implicitamente né esplicitamente al parere professionale di un medico né a diagnosi, trattamento o prevenzione di qualsivoglia malattia e/o disturbo. CFSItalia.it non ha alcun controllo sul contenuto di siti terzi ai quali sia collegato tramite link e non potrà essere ritenuto responsabile per qualsivoglia danno causato da quei contenuti. Gli amministratori e moderatori non sono responsabili dei messaggi scritti dagli utenti sul forum.